Death of a Policeman - M.C. Beaton

I love to visit old friends. In his 30th outing, Hamish Macbeth is definitely that. An old friend.  An old friend that I’m thrilled to be able to catch up with. And while I’ve never been to Scotland, I feel like I could move to Lochdubh and never miss a beat.

The Lochdubh police station is in danger of being shut down in the new cost cutting measures that the Scotland National Police Force is implementing. That would suit Detective Chief Inspector Blair just fine since his hate for Hamish knows no bounds.  He’s even sending other police officers down to spy on Hamish and when his latest spy is found murdered, an interesting investigation is underway, leading through the fine restaurants and the brothels of Strathbane.  Even the upper reaches of the police force aren’t left untouched.

If you haven’t read any Hamish Macbeth before, the story is very entertaining but to really appreciate him, starting at the beginning of the series would be much recommended (and much enjoyed!) If you’re already a fan of Hamish, sit back and prepare to have a good visit with an old friend.

I received this book through Netgalley and I appreciate the opportunity to read and honestly review it.