I am admittedly having a love affair with my Kindle but my life-long soulmate is the book.  The book with paper pages.  And the bulk of my collection is used books.  I buy new when I MUST have the next one in a series or something like that but due to a life of limited funds, I never pass up an opportunity to look at used books.  Today I was at the clothing ministry that my church sponsors and along with clothing, someone had donated some books.  Obviously, passing that by would be impossible.  I felt like I had hit the jackpot!  I got 4 hardback books, 2 of which were ex-library and the 2 were not.  What I got were Cursed by Carol Higgens Clark, The Annulet of Gilt by Phoebe Atwood Taylor, Calico Joe by John Grisham and I and My True Love by Helen MacInnes. All authors I have read and loved in the past.  How good is that??

Our library keeps tables of used books for sale in the foyer but last week they wanted to clean them off so they were just giving them away.  I was late to realize it and there wasn't much left when I got there but whoo-hoo! a couple of familiar authors.  These were all paperbacks.  Absent in the Spring by Mary Westmacott (Agatha Christie), Too Many Women by Rex Stout, and Melbury Square by Dorothy Eden.  I've never read anything under the name Mary Westmacott so I'm excited to try that one.

Finding used books by favorite authors may not be everyone's idea of hidden treasure but it sure is mine!