Thou Shall Not - Tina Glasneck

This is one of those reviews that is difficult to write because I feel that the author has tremendous talent as a writer but there are many deep flaws in this book that make it hard to recommend it.

The story is creative and well imagined.  The dialogue was well written. That’s a problem for many new authors but not for this one. I definitely wanted to know what happens next and that’s key in a mystery.  I think this author has a great future as a writer of thrillers.

This particular book let me down in some major ways, however.  I was a third of the way through the book and was still trying to sort out the huge number of characters and storylines.  There was just too much going on.  I felt like the main character’s personality is inconsistent from one situation to another and her relationship with the man that was supposed to be her love interest was ridiculous and annoying.  I couldn’t possibly be rooting for them to get together because they were terrible to each other. The murderer was unexpected but not in a good way. Scene transitions were very abrupt.

Overall, my feeling was that a lot was going on in the author’s head that never made it onto the page and I think if it had, this would have been an excellent thriller.  I’ll be interested to see how this writer and her technique develop.

I received this book through the librarything members giveaway program and I really appreciated the chance to read it. #Thou Shall Not