My Cooking Coach: Cooking Knowledge at Your Fingertips - Charles Delmar

Perusing through this book shows me that it lives up to it's name.  A cooking coach is exactly what it is.  It has the in-depth details that many cookbooks assume you already know.  It explains how ingredients are used, how cooking techniques operate and how to best used frozen foods.

If you are a beginner you will appreciate how detailed this book gets.  I'm not a beginner and I'm seeing plenty of things that will change my kitchen techniques for the better.  I can imagine giving this to a young person just setting up their own household or a person that loves to cook for more inspiration.

I haven't tried any recipes out of it yet but to me, a book like this isn't really about the recipes, it's about giving you the know-how so that every recipe you try turns out great.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because he gives bits of nutritional information throughout with nutritional recommendations and I didn't always completely agree with his recommendations. If you stick to the cooking advice, 5 stars.

I received this book from Netgalley and I appreciate the opportunity to read and review it.